Saturday, April 4, 2009

ThE DRaFT

In completing the draft of the research paper, I have learned a lot. First and foremost, I have gain interest in poetry. Before this, to be honest, I did not favor studying poetry because I think it is difficult to interpret and ambiguous. Now, in the middle of completing the paper, I fall in love with poetry. It sounds funny but it is true. I have just discovered the passion of interpreting poetry through the poet’s organization. Through Dr Edwin’s lecture on stylistic analysis and the discussion on the poetry in ‘Insights’, I have learn ‘how’ to read and interpret poetry. I think that other people also have the same negative perception towards poetry –which is tough and challenging to interpret. Old sayings said that, “if you give a man a fish, he will survive a day but, if you teach the man how to fish he will survive longer”. Through my readings on how to write on poetry, I have learned how to read, to interpret and to write about poetry. I am glad that the assignment has not only taught me to write better, but also attract my interest in reading and analyzing poetry. Indeed, the assignment has implicitly increased my language and personal development.

No comments:

Post a Comment