Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Am a PaIR oF SpEcTacLE

Last week Dr Edwin has asked on how we view ourselves as teacher during class. Everyone has different answer on how we view ourselves as teacher. Dr. Edwin comments that most of us view ourselves as the sources not enabler. He said that it is important for us to notice that teachers are the sources such as the encyclopedia and dictionary. They did not have all the knowledge in this world. the function of a teacher in fact, is an enabler; who inspire and help students to reach their path and motivator to students to discover their won talents and interest. An enabler is a tough task I think.

For me, I do think that teacher is like a pair of spectacle. A spectacle is a great help for people as they need them to 'see'. Watching and seeing is different for me. The former is just an action while the latter is more meaningful as it involves interpretation and observation. After all, I guess that it depends on how people define a teacher is. Right now, I know that there is a less that a year for me to prepare myself to be a teacher and to face the surreal reality. I just hope that I can be a good spectacle for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment