Saturday, April 4, 2009

My OuTLiNES

It is indeed plural as I hand in two outlines for Dr Noreen to check and has a glimpse of my ideas. Why two outlines? The main reason is because I have two ideas and I find both ideas interesting to discuss. The first one is about feminist approach, on how Karim Raslan and Che Husna Azhari illustrate the unusual women’s characterization in the short story, “Mariah” and “Sara and the wedding”. Another one is about the hardship in others’ life in the poems, “Three Beserah Fishermen” by Muhammad Haji Salleh and “The Midnight Satay-Vendor” by Ghulam Sarwar Yousuf.

When Dr. Noreen returns my outlines, she wrote a note about my ideas. Basically she prefers the analysis on the poems as for her the elements are more worthy and powerful to discuss. Plus, she stated that the analysis on the poetry would be more remarkable as there are so many researches done based on the feminist approach. For me, though I am the one who came out with the idea, I feel a little bit nervous as this will be the first time I am writing about poetry and I find the task quite challenging. However, as to develop my writing skill, I think it is fine to challenge myself a bit. Gambate (Japanese)

No comments:

Post a Comment